About BTPA

We are a non-profit organisation run by Bowen Therapists for Bowen Therapists. We outline standards that need to be met by members to work professionally within new legislastion and regulations.

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Featured Therapist: Jo Austen

Jo Austen got into Bowen back in 2002 after receiving treatment for a long standing shoulder and arm pain.  Having previously tried a variety of conventional and complimentary therapies to try and help, Jo finally found something that eased her pain.

Jo said: “I was away and came across this thing called the Bowen Technique.

“I thought I may as well try it and - hey presto - Bowen worked its magic, and started me on the path towards getting better myself and being able to do the same for others.”
 
From then, Jo was hooked and undertook training through 2003 with ECBS, together with A&P, which involved a complete change of career for her, as she had previously worked with her husband in his business. 


Bowen Treatment Cornwall


Jo now works from 2 clinics in Cornwall and runs the Bowen RIG in Cornwall, which concentrates on offering further and ongoing training for therapists in Cornwall and Devon. 

Jo added: “I am a bit of a course junky.

“I really enjoy learning as much as possible about the application of our wonderful therapy.

“It enables me to practice with confidence, and gain good, quick outcomes for many of my clients.

“Job satisfaction is way up there.  I feel so lucky to be able to do my job, which is so rewarding, and which I love.”

Jo has a YouTube channel, where she posts useful videos in which she talks about Bowen and how a treatment would be performed from start to finish. There videos are great for new clients who may not know what to expect.

If you’d like to find out more about Jo and her treatments, visit www.bowenincornwall.co.uk, call her on 01579 344090 or email joannaausten@me.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment