About BTPA

We are a non-profit organisation run by Bowen Therapists for Bowen Therapists. We outline standards that need to be met by members to work professionally within new legislastion and regulations.

Monday 10 September 2012

Tired of fatigue or fibromyalgia? Try Bowen...

We are at the end of Fibromyalgia Awareness Week; a disorder of which awareness seems to be low.

Many people may know the symptoms of Fibromyalgia but may not have heard of the condition.

Fibromyalgia is a widespread musculoskeletal pain and fatigue disorder for which the cause is still unknown. Fibromyalgia means pain in the fibrous tissues in the body.

Most patients with fibromyalgia say that they ache all over and are tired a lot of the time. Their muscles may feel like they have been pulled or overworked and can sometimes twitch and at other times they burn. More women than men are afflicted with fibromyalgia, but it shows up in people of all ages.

The Bowen Technique is a natural, drug-free, non-invasive, complementary therapy that can help with fibromyalgia, chronic pain and fatigue.

Rather than 'making' the body change, Bowen 'asks' the body to recognise the ailment and make the changes it requires.

During the 30-60 minute treatment, the Bowen practitioner makes small, rolling, movements over muscles, tendons, ligaments and soft tissue at precise points on the body, using only the amount of pressure appropriate for that individual.



No hard-tissue manipulation or force is needed or used.

Between each set of moves, the body is allowed to rest for a few minutes, to allow it to absorb the information it has received and initiate the healing process.

One client who used Bowen for Fibromyalgia said: “I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2008, after suffering for 2 years with chronic pain and fatigue.

“I had been for massages, which hurt so much afterwards and only really helped for about a week before the pain returned.

“One day I went for a massage and the masseur told me about something called Bowen.

“On my first appointment, I was asked about my health and the list of problems was long… I sounded like a helpless case!

“I didn’t know what to expect, but my first treatment was so relaxing. I was a little unsure how effective it would be as it was so gentle.

“At first I was having treatments every week, then every two, then less frequently, I now go about 6 weeks between treatments.

“After the first few weeks I was amazed that my levels of pain had dropped by about 50%, at first I thought it was maybe a coincidence, and maybe I was just going through a good spell, but almost 10 months later, I swear by it.

“I have taken leaflets to my doctor’s surgery for them to recommend it to other sufferers, and tell everyone how amazing it is.”

Read testimonials from people who have used Bowen for help with Fibromyalgia, fatigue or chronic pain here

If you have arthritis, or are caring for somebody who has, and are interested in how Bowen Therapy can help you visit the website to find a Bowen therapist near you or call 0844 561 7173.

No comments:

Post a Comment